Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away

We have to stop playing against Texas. It rains way too much when they come to town. Has it not rained when they've been here?

The unfortunate thing is I have to rely on a 40% chance that it won't rain tonight when I make the trek up to Fenway. I got lucky once already by actually getting drawn for the opportunity to buy right field roof seats maybe I'll get lucky again. I just hope I don't have to eat soggy Fenway Franks and have my beer a little extra watered down. Plus, I'd like to get a couple good pics from up there to post.

• After last night's win and a Yankee loss, the Sox are right back to where they were before the NY serieies 0.5 ahead in the American League East standings. If they win both today they can be at least 1 game up regardless of what the Yankees do today.

• Wow, Papplebon is a machine... After giving up a run and blowing a save last night, he came back for an awesome 9th. Hopefully they won't need him this afternoon and I'll get a glimpse of him live tonight.

• Former Red Sox pitcher John "Way Back" Wasdin returns to Fenway tonight to start for Texas. Between him and Becket, I'm putting the over/under for home runs at 5. I'm hoping Becket spots his fastball better and its only Sox players hitting them out. Isn't it amazing how we can bash a pitcher who is 7-3 with a .248 Batting Average Against. Only 3 pitchers have more wins. 7 others have 7. Not too shabby.

Before I start to sound a little too much like a total "Fanboy", I'm signing off. What can I say, I'm always a little pumped when it's time to go to the park. I've been to plenty of sporting events and no other beats stepping out of the runway and seeing the inside of Fenway. I've gotten to see some great games there. Hopefully there will be one more tonight. In the off chance that there is actually someone besides a couple of my friends reading this take a look at the right field roof Table 116 row 1. You'll see at least one guy at the table there grinning from ear to ear.

-Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home