Monday, May 01, 2006

Let New York Cheer For Him Now

Enough of the debate... Johnny Damon is a Yankee now. Yes, he did great things in Boston, I was a fan, I admire his style of play, I don't even blame him for taking the offer from the Yankees, but the short answer to all the do we cheer or boo Johnny Damon is simple... He's a Yankee now. No, I don't feel betrayed, he's not a traitor, he's a business man and business will be great for him and his wife in New York.

When it is all over and Johnny limps out on the field at Fenway to take a wave at the crowd one day to celebrate an anniversary of the historic World Series win, then cheer him. For now... He's a Yankee.

He was on the right side of what's been called the best and biggest rivalry in American pro sports (I imagine only some European Soccer rivalries beat this). As far as I can tell, it's also the longest running rivalry. Celtics and Lakers? Who cares. The Bruins and Philly? long gone. Ok, Bruins and the Habs is still alive but nothing like it used to be and I can't think of many from other cities that even get close in any of the major sports.

Now Johnny, welcome to the other side of the rivalry. It's past like or dislike, you've spent the off-season endearing yourself to the dark side. Going out of your way to prove that your one of them now. Now, stand at the plate and take you medicine. Good luck... You're a Yankee now.

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home