Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hmmm....

It's an unfortunate sight for the second game of the year. Not an uncommon one when Wakefield pitches. By now, we all know that when Wake pitches, we never know what's going to happen. His line 3.2 IP, 7 Runs on 7 HIts, 3 walks and 3 Ks. I'm a very big Wakefield fan and I'm sure that he will have more than his share of quality starts. He will be on more than he's off and he'll have those few incredible starts that make you feel like a dingbat for ever doubting him. The unfortunate nature of his knuckle-ball is that when you are off against an offense like Texas is it gets ugly.

Fortunately I fell asleep on the couch somewhere around 10:00 and missed the rest of the game so I can't comment on some of the relief pitchers except for DiNardo. For some reason, I've never been real impressed with him. I haven't had the luxury of seeing him in Pawtucket so maybe the Sox management knows something I don't. We'll see. Maybe the only reason he is here until Wells comes back is because of the lack of a lefty in the pen. He did only give up 1 run over 2.1 innings but I just wasn't blown away by his performance.

Can you take some positives out of a 10-4 loss? I'm going to try.

• Another game like this one out of Crisp and we can say he's off to an excellent start (I just don't want to jinx him yet). 3 for 5, a stolen base and 2 more runs.

• Youkilis and Wily Mo break the ice with a double each.

• It's obvious that Padilla was afraid of Papi. He really pitched around him for the 2 walks. Once Manny hits his stride.... more runs, more runs and more runs.

TONIGHT

Not much to say on this except we get to see Beckett for the first time in a real game. Hopefully they can jump on the board early and leave Texas 2-1.

-Later

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home